Thursday, July 21, 2011

EQUATIONS

It always seems so strange to me that anyone could die,
For someone he had never met. It’s hard to ask, “for why”?
I didn’t ask Him for it. And how could any man,
Give His life for everyone. I’m sure no person can.
I’m only just one person. I can’t equate to two.
So I could die for someone else, but not for you and you.
I’m only just a creature. My life’s not worth much more.
To give it for another man, that is an equal score.
But for a dozen people, it couldn’t ever do.
No matter how good I have been, I’ll never equal two.
It’s physically impossible. I may be canonized;
Perhaps a huge success in life in everybody’s eyes.
I’m only just one person. Perhaps I’ve lived sin free.
I cannot give my life away for any more than me.
Check the mathematics. One man is only one.
Forget your university, that’s how it’s always gone.
One person is one person. It’s never two or three.
So only one man in this world could ever die for me.
So how did Jesus do it? How can His maths make sense?
Or is my way of thinking outdated and quite dense?
It rests upon the value of what equates to man.
A hundred thousand elephants, do you think that they can?
How many goldfish must I give to pay you for your son?
The blood of all the animals; could they make the deal done?
Of course that isn’t possible. One man is worth far more,
Than all the animals that lived back to the days of yore.
If you can see this logic then kindly tell this to me.
How many human beings lives equate to Deity?
It seems to me that Jesus’ life is worth far more than mine.
One hundred thousand Englishmen don’t equal the Divine.
Which means the very life of God is more than all the men,
Or people who have ever lived no matter where or when.
So now my mathematics is making sense to me,
Mankind can never equal the Christ of Calvary.
So Jesus Christ was able to give His life for you.
In fact His is the only life that possibly could do.
And as He gave away His life. It was far more than mine.
For that’s what God intended and that was His design.
So Jesus Christ could give His life for all humanity.
And He can be the Saviour of you as well as me.
Jim Strickland – written Friday, 22 July 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment