Friday, October 28, 2011

IT’S YOUR CALL


We know that God created the women and the men.
He said go forth and multiply; and we know that since then,
There’s been a sort of “tussle” between husband and his bride,
To following Jehovah the way that each decide!
It isn’t a great contest; each has its special role.
A man is not a woman or how could we be whole?
A woman isn’t masculine; thank God it cannot be.
But in our own exclusiveness, there’s things we cannot see.
My wife can’t be my husband. it doesn’t work that way
But husbands have a problem that faces them each day.
It all relates to Jesus and the things which we’ve been told.
Regardless of our gender, we know as things unfold,
That Jesus is our husband and we’re His precious bride!
I find that most confusing; and though I’ve often tried,
To somehow get my head around exactly what this means.
I cannot wear a wedding dress! I’m comfortable in jeans!
And yet, He is my Saviour. I love Him passionately.
I’m willing to be anything that He would have me be.
But how do men relate to this? We don’t know what to do.
The ladies do it perfectly. But what of me and you?
The Lord gave us directions. It’s found in Song of Songs.
A passionate relationship for which a Christian longs.
It speaks of how a woman and her husband can relate,
In ways that are too intimate for me to ever state.
She loves Him with a passion that only He can match.
It’s like a roaring fire, that we would love to catch.
It tells us that His love for her is totally unique.
A love that men and women continually seek.
It helps me to appreciate the longing in her soul.
A longing so exquisite, that it is now my goal.
A love that is far greater than gender-based desires.
A love for which I’m longing; a love which so inspires,
The husband and the bride to be so absolutely one,
That every trace of gender has somehow past and gone.
For when I think of Jesus, I’m longing to submit.
To wallow in His loving arms, until I’m somehow fit,
To be what He is wanting. For He’s my all in all.
For Him to be my husband! My God! It is Your call!
Jim Strickland – Written 29 October 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment