Monday, October 31, 2011

A LIFE OF PRAYER


"My child, you know I love you. Put away your fear.
The fact is, it's your attitude that stops Me drawing near.
I've called you to a holy life, and one of constant prayer;
To leading many people, and teaching them to share;
Of leading by example, and not by word alone.
Therefore, take the time to hear the things which I have shown."
"You must start to talk with Me, whenever there's a chance;
Never mind the circumstance; never mind the glance
Other men may give you; their thoughts do not matter;
You must follow after Me, not men's idle chatter.
Son, there's no occasion that's special for a chat.
We can be in fellowship, regardless where you're at.
Driving in your motorcar; Lying on your bed;
Everywhere you go, or are, I'm right inside your head!"
"Praying is so easy. It's done naturally.
All you have to do, is think, and you're in touch with Me!
It isn't a position, nor any special time;
To limit Me to intervals, that is the greatest crime!
I bid you therefore, do it; Start communicating
With Me every chance you get. It's Me you're keeping waiting!
You're the one with problems, which will all disappear,
As soon as we're in fellowship, and you allow Me near.
Do it son, and tell those with whom you minister,
This is the kind of prayer life, I want them all to share;
Being in My presence is what they will enjoy;
They have had a sample now, and I will employ
All of them in teaching that prayer's a way of life;
As natural as speaking between a man and wife.
It isn't being pompous, nor turgid liturgy;
Instead, it's a relationship that's personal, and free,
With Me! Their Lord and Master. It's being closely knit,
In deep communication with Me, as I see fit."
"So teach this to the people; tell them that there's more
To praying to their Maker, than kneeling on the floor,
Or prone before the altar. for, though that has its place,
The purpose of the exercise is being face to face!
Certainly I'm awesome, and I require respect.
But for My sons and daughters, the way I will perfect
Is intimate, communion; Not distant recognition;
They're members of My family, and so their right position
Is here beside My Father; where actually, I'm seated.
They don't have to grovel, as though they've been defeated!"
"Give them all encouragement to get to know me more;
Talk with Me whenever; Not only from the floor.
That's how I desire it; A life of constant prayer,
With Me, their God and Saviour, whose presence is right there."
Jim Strickland – Written – October 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment