Tuesday, October 18, 2011

LIMERICKS ON THE LAW


His Law is in my being and is fighting a great war.
My mind control,
Would make me whole,
That’s what I’m fighting for.

But here within my body there dwells a heart of sin.
I fight this fight,
With all my might.
But I don’t seem to win!

So who can fix this problem and set this sinner free?
The Lord above;
The God of love.
Who gave His life for me.

Thank You my God for saving me when all my hope was gone.
You set me free;
Brought liberty,
Now I can carry on.

Your Word, Lord has a flavour delightful to my tongue,
You gave a feast,
When I was least.
That’s why Your praise is sung.

You spread a banquet table. A feast fit for a King.
And then You blessed,
Each honoured guest.
Thank You for everything!

Your will O Lord is better. It’s perfect, right and true.
The things I’d choose,
Would mean I lose,
My confidence in You.
I meditate upon Your Law by day as well as night.
I’ve been inspired;
By what’s desired,
To help me win this fight.

O Lord You give me wisdom that’s far beyond my years.
And You have said,
What lies ahead;
Beyond the vale of tears.

For there will be rejoicing beyond all that we know.
We’ll shout and cheer,
 “Our God is near!”
Lord, never let us go!

Your Law gives inspiration and doing what it says;
Will bring to me,
A victory,
And keep me in Your ways.

They came and asked the Master if He would like to eat.
There is no need,
For Me to feed;
God’s will is drink and meat.

O Lord all Your commandments are holy, right and true.
If we obey,
In every way,
There’s nothing more to do!

Your words, O Lord, are sweeter than honey from the hive.
O Lord we dine
On food Divine,
That’s why we’re still alive.
Jim Strickland – written 19th Oct. 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment