Wednesday, November 9, 2011

PREDESTINED?


Christians need to understand responsibility.
What we have to leave to God, and what’s for you and me.
There’s too much fatalism, in what the Lord will do.
And what He is requiring from the likes of me and you.
They think pre-destination means that He will do it all.
If something’s predetermined, why not just have a ball?
It’s really not important; it’s fixed in God’s intent.
And He is irresistible; it can’t be changed or bent.
Of course this does full justice to God’s ability.
Whatever He intends to do, the likes of you and me,
Can’t change it one iota. If God’s made up His mind,
There is no variation for all of human kind.
The problem with this thinking is where we all fit in.
Who He will hold responsible for each and every sin.
If He has predetermined it, why should I take the blame?
I did it ‘cause I had to! That’s surely far too lame.
If I am held responsible where, I have had no choice,
Then God is just a tyrant who contradicts His voice.
If He said “whosoever” it must apply to all.
It means that any person can obey His Holy Call.
It also means that what I do, albeit good or bad,
Is that which I have chosen. It’s me who will be “had”
It means there is a partnership that Jesus shares with men.
He may be the sole owner. It also means that when,
We make a bad decision and things all fall apart,
That He can then take action and give us a new start.
It means we have the liberty to choose the right or wrong.
It means we should consult Him before we go along
And do what we’ve decided. The outcome then will be
That we will be fruit bearers of all that He can see.
He’s made it very clear to us, fruit bearing is our job.
It’s by our words and actions we correspond or rob,
The Master of the glory, that never can be mine!
And when we are obedient, to Jesus Christ Divine,
The fruit we bear for Jesus will truly overflow.
And we will be responsible, no matter where we go!
This seems to me far better than blaming God Most High;
By saying we’re predestined to live for Him or die.
Jim Strickland – Written 10th November 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment