Sunday, June 5, 2011

SONNETS ON PRAYER

Persistent Prayer
                                      (Luke 11:5-13)
The problem in this fast computer age,
Is surely that there is so little time,
To fight the prayer battle we must wage,
And overcome all wickedness and crime.
This has grown endemic in our land.
So we search for answers fast and quick.
We ignore the Masters clear command,
Consistent prayer is what will do the trick.
Faith and patience guarantee success.
God will send the answer we desire.
If we do not quit, He’ll answer “Yes”!
If it’s what we need and we require.
If we ask for fish persistently,
Would He give a stone to you or me?
                             -oOo-
Jim Strickland – written 6th June 2011

      Prayerlessness
Father God, today I bring my crime
And make contrite admission unto You.
That, Lord, I seem to spend so little time
In prayer. So Lord I ask please show me who
Should be the subject of a time of prayer?
Enlighten me; Illuminate the face
Of him or her who's burdened down with care;
O help me Lord, their problem to embrace
In intercession, Lord, before Thy Throne.
Give the words to speak that I may say
What's needed to be heard by You alone.
But, Father God, it seems I need to pray
Not for these others but, instead, for me.
For all the time I've wasted prayerlessly!
      -oOo-
Jim Strickland – submitted Monday, 06 June 2011




No comments:

Post a Comment